It is important to have a sense of
responsibility to accomplish the
goal you set.
Mechanical Engineer / Yokouchi K
What makes your company different from previous companies?
In previous companies, there was already a standard value for doing the work. At TechMagic, we set where we should aim and start from scratch to manufacture. Thinking from scratch is a difficult part of the process, but it is also an interesting part because it allows us to take on new challenges.
What is professionalism for you?
I think the most important thing is responsibility.
Since we are creating something new, the most important thing is a sense of responsibility to set a defined goal and to achieve that goal.
“TechMagic develops various types of robots that highly integrate both hardware and software technologies in order to solve manpower shortages and low-productivity cost structures faced by many companies in the food industry, and to provide people with food surprises and excitement through the creation of new food experiences.
1. to solve manpower shortage and improve high-cost structure
The food industry is facing a labor shortage due to social structural factors such as a declining population caused by a declining birthrate. Compared to other industries, the food industry has a high vacancy and turnover rate, and it is not uncommon for workers to be overworked. TechMagic contributes to solving these issues by automating a series of cooking processes and simple tasks with robots, stabilizing taste quality through data visualization, and optimizing purchasing and inventory.
2. creation of new dining experiences
As food-related needs continue to diversify, such as diversifying tastes, dietary restrictions due to lifestyle-related diseases, and food allergies, TechMagic’s robots can accumulate a vast amount of cooking information, ingredients related to orders, customer information, and other information to create personalized dining experiences for each and every customer. TechMagic will create food services that provide new value, such as personalized dining experiences tailored to each individual.
Currently, we are developing products specialized for major restaurant chains, food production, and processing manufacturers, but we plan to expand our business to the global food service industry through the development of versatile products. We are looking forward to working with you to create the next generation of the food service industry by digitally transforming the food service industry, which has never changed, and reforming the long-standing issues of labor shortages and cost structure.”
Specific Job Description
Our team will develop robots to automate cooking processes such as baking, boiling, stir-frying, deep-frying, simmering, dressing, and steaming, as well as measuring and serving food ingredients.
- Examination of overall robot configuration
- 3D-CAD modeling and drawing creation
- Examination, verification (PoC) and detailed design of the weighing, conveying and feeding methods of food ingredients, etc.
- Production of prototype and verification of actual machine
- Optimization of the robot through cooking experiments
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical design
- Experience in mechanism design using actuators (motors, pneumatic devices, etc.) (3 years or more)
- Experience in mass production product design
- Those who can design using 3D CAD.
- Those who can design using analysis software such as stress and fluid analysis.
- Experience in designing industrial equipment for food, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Experience in kitchen equipment design
- Control system design skills
- Experience in plastic molding and sheet metal parts design
- Able to conduct assembly adjustment and evaluation experiments
- Those who like to make things
Full social insurance (employment, workers’ accident compensation, health, and employee pension)/Periodic health check/ Transportation expenses paid (upper limit of 50,000 yen per month, excluding express fare) Trial period : 3 months (no change in treatment during the period)
Specific amount will be decided after interview depending on experience and ability.
Discretionary work system for specialized work
Qualification acquisition support system/book purchase system/shortened working hour system
Holidays and vacation time: Annual holidays
2 days off per week (Saturday and Sunday) / National holidays / Summer vacation / Year-end and New Year vacation / Paid vacation: 10 days (paid from the 6th month of employment)
Celebration or condolence leave / maternity leave / childcare leave / nursing care leave / child nursing leave / menstrual leave
Clothes work / Work from home (negotiable)
Tokyo Head Office or Aichi Development Center