Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal Information” shall mean personal information as defined in Article 2.1 of the Personal Information Protection Law.
Article 2 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information (“Purposes of Use”) are as follows The Purposes of Use are as follows
- To provide and operate the services offered on the website operated by the Company and other services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”) To provide and operate the Services
- To authenticate the identity of customers when registering for and using the Services and to manage customers (including conducting screening regarding the use of the Services).
- To ship products offered by the Company (“Products”) (hereinafter referred to as “Products”)
- To bill for goods and services
- To prevent and respond to fraud, etc.
- For maintenance and management of services
- To research and analyze marketing data, and to consider and implement marketing measures
- To provide, solicit, advertise, or otherwise market the Company’s or a third party’s products and services (including sending mail magazines, e-mails, flyers, direct mail, etc.) in accordance with the interests of customers based on analysis of their attributes and behavioral history.
- To conduct campaigns, sweepstakes, questionnaires, seminars, and events (including contacting winners of campaigns, etc., and sending prizes, etc.)
- To provide point services or affiliate services
- To improve products and services by analyzing information on how users use the services, and to plan, research, and develop new products and services.
- To respond to customer inquiries (including to verify the identity of the customer)
- To send you information about new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the service you are using, as well as information about other services provided by us.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To provide personal information to third parties in the manner described in this policy
- To simplify the registration process when using other services provided by the Company
- To carry out entrusted work when entrusted by a third party to handle personal information
- For employment management and internal procedures (regarding personal information of executives and employees), and for selection and communication in recruitment activities (regarding personal information of applicants)
- To manage shareholders and to respond to procedures required by the Companies Act and other laws and regulations (regarding personal information of shareholders, stock acquisition right holders, etc.)
- For purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 3 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- We will change the purpose of use of personal information only when we reasonably believe that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose of use before the change.
- If the purpose of use is changed, the Company shall notify the individual who is the subject of the personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Individual”) of the purpose of use after the change by the method prescribed by the Company, or publicly announce the change on the website operated by the Company. If the purpose of use is changed, the Company shall notify the individual who is the subject of the personal information (hereinafter referred to as “the Individual”) of the new purpose of use or publicly announce it on the website operated by the Company.
Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- We will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the individual. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the event that we provide information that cannot identify a specific individual by itself to an affiliated ad-serving company in order to deliver advertisements tailored to the interests of the individual and to confirm the results of such advertisements and services (hereinafter referred to as “adserving service”), we will provide such information to a third party. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the event that we provide information that by itself does not identify a specific individual to an ad-serving company in partnership with us, we may provide such information handled by us to a third party for the purpose of providing services (hereinafter referred to as “Ad-Serving Services”), including the delivery of advertisements tailored to the interests of the individual and confirmation of the results thereof.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 1, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not be considered a third party.
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- In cases where personal information is to be used jointly with a specific person, if the person concerned is notified in advance to that effect and the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of the joint use, the purpose of use by the person, and the name or name and address of the person responsible for managing the personal information, as well as the name of the representative The items of personal information, the scope of joint users, the purpose of use by the user, and the name and address of the person responsible for managing the personal information, and the name of the representative
Article 5 (Security Control Measures)
To ensure the proper handling of personal information, we have established a basic policy regarding compliance with relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, etc., as well as a contact point for questions and complaint handling.
Regulations have been established for the handling of personal information when acquiring, using, and storing such information.
A person responsible for the handling of personal information has been appointed.
The Company’s rules of employment stipulate matters concerning the confidentiality of personal information.
Restrictions are in place on access to offices that handle personal information.
Access control is implemented and only the minimum necessary personnel are allowed to access personal information. In addition, anti-virus software is installed to protect against external threats.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- The Company may disclose personal information (meaning notification of the purpose of use or disclosure of personal information or records of provision to a third party) from the individual concerned. The same shall apply hereinafter). If a person requests disclosure of his/her personal information (meaning notification of purpose of use or disclosure of personal information or records of provision to a third party), we will disclose the information to the person without delay. However, if disclosure falls under any of the following cases, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the information, and if we decide not to disclose the information, we will notify the individual to that effect without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each case of disclosure of personal information.
- If there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person concerned or a third party
- If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business
- If the identity of the person making the request for disclosure cannot be verified
- In case of violation of other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, as a general rule, we will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction of Personal Information, etc.)
When we receive a request from an individual to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information in our possession, based on the reason that such personal information is incorrect, in accordance with the procedures established by us, we will investigate the request without delay. If we receive a request for correction, addition, or deletion of personal information (hereinafter referred to as “Correction, etc.”), we will investigate without delay, and based on the results of the investigation, correct, etc. the relevant personal information without delay within the scope permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If we receive a request from an individual to stop using or delete his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as “stop of use, etc.”), we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay. If the Company receives a request from the person in question to cease using or erase personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”), it will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we deem it necessary to respond to the request, we will take appropriate action in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, in cases where it is difficult to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the person in question, such as when the suspension of use involves substantial costs or when it is otherwise difficult to take such measures, these alternative measures shall be taken.
Article 9 (Treatment of Anonymous Processed Information)
- The Company shall not disclose anonymized processed information (meaning that set forth in Article 2, Paragraph 6 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and limited to that which constitutes the anonymized processed information database, etc. set forth in Article 16, Paragraph 6 of the same Act; the same shall apply hereinafter) as set forth below. The same shall apply hereinafter) (hereinafter the same shall apply) and provide it to a third party as follows.
- Items of Information on Individuals Contained in Anonymous Processed Information Gender, area of residence (to the nearest city/town/village), date of birth, purchasing history, preferences, family structure
- Method of providing anonymized processed information
Transmission by e-mail, sending external storage media such as CD-ROM, USB, etc., or uploading to a server
- (Measures Necessary to Ensure Appropriate Handling of Anonymous Processed Information including Security Control Measures)
- When creating anonymized processed information, we will take necessary security control measures, etc. to ensure the proper handling of anonymized processed information in accordance with the standards prescribed by law.
Article 10 (Cookies, etc.)
- A cookie is a piece of data sent from a web server to your web browser. By referring to the cookie, the web server can identify your computer, allowing you to use this website efficiently. The file sent by this website as a cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information. It is possible to disable cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
- We use Google Analytics provided by Google. Google may collect and analyze your browsing history based on cookies set by us or by Google and use the results to understand how you use our services. For more information about Google’s handling of data in Google Analytics, please visit their website.
- The Company will use information collected on the Site, such as browsing history and activity history, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “personally identifiable information”), to provide information to third parties (including, but not limited to, the following companies). We may provide information such as browsing history, action history, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “personally identifiable information”) to third parties (including, but not limited to, the following companies) The third parties to which the information is provided may provide the information to the following companies. The third party may use the Personal Information provided to it after linking it with the user’s personal information held by the third party.
Yahoo Japan Corporation
Google, LLC Facebook
Facebook Japan K.K
Twitter Japan K.K
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the individual, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.
Article 12 (Contact for Inquiries)
Please direct any inquiries regarding this policy to the following contact point.
Hiroshi Shiraki, Representative Director, TechMagic, Inc.
13F, West Wing, Telecom Center Building, 2-5-10 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo