Robotics can drive innovation and
Machine Learning Engineer / Joshi R
What motivated you to join TechMagic?
I am passionate about robotics. I believe that robotics not only drives technological innovation, but also contributes to improving society. In my PhD program, I developed a robot that assists the elderly in dressing themselves.
I joined TechMagic because I strongly agree with TechMagic’s vision “to realize a sustainable food infrastructure society through technology.
What is the team you work for like?
In the Aichi office where I work, all members are open-minded. We are also a tolerant, cooperative, and technically skilled team. The environment is also conducive to brainstorming and discussion to solve problems. Many members are working with clear goals for the success of the project. You will find many occasions to exchange opinions over coffee during breaks as well as weekly meetings.
Do you think TechMagic can change the food industry?
I strongly feel that TechMagic has great potential to transform the food industry, which is suffering from a shortage of human resources.
What is your message to your new colleagues?
Please try to think about a given issue from multiple perspectives. Sometimes, you may be able to solve it from a different perspective. Nevertheless, if you keep challenging yourself, you will eventually find the answer. And always be willing to learn new things.
Machine Learning Engineer
“TechMagic develops various types of robots that highly integrate both hardware and software technologies in order to solve manpower shortages and low-productivity cost structures faced by many companies in the food industry, and to provide people with food surprises and excitement through the creation of new food experiences.
1. to solve manpower shortage and improve high-cost structure
The food industry is facing a labor shortage due to social structural factors such as a declining population caused by a declining birthrate. Compared to other industries, the food industry has a high vacancy and turnover rate, and it is not uncommon for workers to be overworked. TechMagic contributes to solving these issues by automating a series of cooking processes and simple tasks with robots, stabilizing taste quality through data visualization, and optimizing purchasing and inventory.
2. creation of new dining experiences
As food-related needs continue to diversify, such as diversifying tastes, dietary restrictions due to lifestyle-related diseases, and food allergies, TechMagic’s robots can accumulate a vast amount of cooking information, ingredients related to orders, customer information, and other information to create personalized dining experiences for each and every customer. TechMagic will create food services that provide new value, such as personalized dining experiences tailored to each individual.
Currently, we are developing products specialized for major restaurant chains, food production, and processing manufacturers, but we plan to expand our business to the global food service industry through the development of versatile products. We are looking forward to working with you to create the next generation of the food service industry by digitally transforming the food service industry, which has never changed, and reforming the long-standing issues of labor shortages and cost structure.”
Specific Job Description
We are looking for a person who can develop systems for robotics by combining new technologies such as image recognition technology, machine learning technology and robotics technology.
- Elemental technology development and research and development of 3D general object recognition applying machine learning, deep learning, etc.
- 3D point cloud and volume data processing and analysis using 3D depth sensors
- Development of image recognition technology for foodstuffs, ingredients, tableware, etc. by applying elemental technologies
- Design and development of image recognition systems that work with robots and various mechanical mechanisms
- Various data analysis applying deep learning, statistical machine learning, multivariate analysis, etc., and design and development of systems and software using them
- Recognizing people and analyzing their movements and lines of movement by applying video image recognition technology.
- Deep knowledge and practical experience in machine learning (deep learning) (knowledge and development experience in the field of image recognition)
- In-depth knowledge and at least 3 years of working experience in Python or C/C++.
- Experience in development on Linux (or similar OS)
- Experience with OpenCV, Tensorflow, PyTorch, TensorRT, etc.
- Experience in team development and using tools such as git
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or above in computer science or machine learning and related fields, experience in publishing papers, etc.
- Experience implementing parallelization and acceleration such as various GPU processing
- Experience in creating datasets for machine learning
- Experience developing machine learning software on edge devices
- Experience in developing machine learning on cloud and mobile devices
- Knowledge and development experience with 3D image processing and robot vision related libraries and devices such as ROS, PCL, itk, vtk, RealSense, Kinect, etc.
Full social insurance (employment, workers’ accident compensation, health, and employee pension)/Periodic health check/ Transportation expenses paid (upper limit of 50,000 yen per month, excluding express fare) Trial period : 3 months (no change in treatment during the period)
Specific amount will be decided after interview depending on experience and ability.
Discretionary work system for specialized work
Qualification acquisition support system/book purchase system/shortened working hour system
Holidays and vacation time: Annual holidays
2 days off per week (Saturday and Sunday) / National holidays / Summer vacation / Year-end and New Year vacation / Paid vacation: 10 days (paid from the 6th month of employment)
Celebration or condolence leave / maternity leave / childcare leave / nursing care leave / child nursing leave / menstrual leave
Clothes work / Work from home (negotiable)
Tokyo Head Office or Aichi Development Center